Reposted from our friends at Repechage
Bet we know what you are thinking right now. No, not about the presentation at work, or what you are going to wear Friday night, the other thing you are thinking about. Odds are that somewhere under the memory of Thanksgiving’s cranberry-sauce-and peanut-butter-chocolate-pie, you are starting to think about the New Year and how you are going to work at making it a healthier, happier one. Maybe you are thinking about how you are going to commit to eating healthier, cooking more at home with fresh ingredients. You may even be signing up for a food preparation delivery service. And then there’s the gym thing. What classes you are going to make time for come January? Now, all of these things will help tremendously to keep your body in great working order—your heart and bones will love you for it! But while you are making these fabulous lifestyle choices, you may be ignoring the health and well-being of your body’s biggest organ, the one that everyone sees every day—your skin. Stop and think—how much of a commitment have you made to that? Your skin is not only the biggest indicator of age and health, but is also part of your body’s respiratory system. Working out? Detoxing? Skin is right there with you in the trenches. And the first step to getting skin fit? Facials. These customized treatments are your first step to skin fitness. Think of them as a skin workout, and the esthetician or facialist as your personal trainer. There are a lot of misconceptions about what a facial is and what one can do. Here, we’ve given you five little-known insights into the process that will help you get on the skin program in the New Year. Your body will love you for it!
- Your first facial is a revelation. You will learn more about yourself, your health and wellbeing, and how it shows more than you think. The first visit to an esthetician is the first time many people have their skin thoroughly analyzed, to help them see what they are doing right and where there may need to be some corrections or tweaking—they may realize they’ve been doing their routine wrong, or they are overemphasizing a certain step and not putting enough time into another. Learning to grow and evolve your skin care routine is a big benefit of visiting an esthetician.
- Facials don’t take a lot of time, unless you want them too. Today you can get facials that only take 15 minutes, or facials that last an hour and a half; it totally depends on the treatment you choose. Find a spa near you (Salon CoCO BOND offers the best express treatments!) that offers express treatments. These types of treatments are great to receive during a lunch break or before heading home for the day, so you can keep your skin on point without having to set aside a whole block of time for facials. For those who like to set aside a portion of the day, you can also be treated to a premier facial such as the Four Layer Facial which will have you in ecstasy for over an hour. Don’t be fooled by the length of treatment though and expect a 15-minute facial to be lacking in benefits — They are just as powerful as the rest.
- Facials can be bonding experiences. Gone are the days of facials being performed in secluded rooms at the back of the spa. Today there is the concept of the facial bar, a set of spa chairs set up like hair dressers chairs so that services are performed out in the open. This doesn’t mean you must chat with the esthetician or your neighbor, but it makes getting a facial a social occasion and removes some of the mystique and questions people have about what goes on in the spa back rooms. In fact, Mommy & Me, Girl’s Night and special event private group facials are becoming the hottest spa treatments worldwide! Salon CoCo BOND offers all types of fun events from birthdays, to bachelorette parties to friends night out in our Champagne Room!
- Facials work best as a regimen. We would all love to receive one treatment and be over with having to take care of our skin, but it just doesn’t work that way. To get the best results from facials, you must continue to make appointments with an esthetician throughout the year. That’s not to say you can’t get incredible results from one facial, but to see those results regularly, book your revisits.
- Facials make great gifts! The only thing better than treating yourself to a facial is giving someone the gift of a facial. You may know someone who works hard and is always helping other people out but never finds time to pamper themselves. These people are usually the kind to never visit the spa, but you can be sure they would appreciate it! Giving a spa trip as a gift shows that not only do you care about that person, but you care about them long term and their skin health.