Getting a wax can be a great way to get rid of unwanted hair and feel smooth and confident. However, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if you're not sure what to expect. To help you prepare for your next spa waxing appointment at Salon Coco Bond in New Jersey, here are some dos and don'ts to keep in mind:
The Dos and Don'ts of Preparing for a Spa Waxing
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating your skin a day or two before your appointment can help remove dead skin cells and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Moisturize: It's important to keep your skin hydrated before and after your waxing appointment to help prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Wear loose clothing: Tight clothing can rub against your freshly waxed skin and cause irritation, so opt for loose-fitting clothing instead.
- Communicate with your esthetician: Let your esthetician know if it's your first time getting waxed or if you have any concerns about the process. They are there to help you feel comfortable and answer any questions you may have.
- Shave: In order for waxing to be effective, you need to have at least ¼ inch of hair growth. Shaving before your appointment can make the waxing process more painful and less effective.
- Apply lotion or oil: Applying lotion or oil to your skin on the day of your appointment can make it harder for the wax to adhere to your hair, making the process less effective.
- Schedule your appointment during your period: Your skin can be more sensitive during your period, making waxing more painful than usual. Try to schedule your appointment for a time when you're not on your period.
- Book a waxing appointment right before a big event: It's possible to experience redness or irritation after waxing, so it's best to schedule your appointment at least a day or two before a big event.
By following these dos and don'ts, you can help ensure a successful and comfortable waxing experience at Salon Coco Bond. Remember, your esthetician is there to help guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Check out all of our waxing services and book your appointment today!